Top Social

Bicycle Shop

Monday, March 23, 2015
Photo Mar 22, 4 15 15 PM HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOH HON WEE. I remember feeling really bad about not being prepared for your birthday. I loved you the most and I could not even get a proper present for you, oh no. I am glad that at the end of the day, it was really fun - getting caught in the rain, travelling and claiming free items. Nothing says 'I love you' quite as loudly as spending time together.  We made an extremely impromptu decision to head to Wheeler's Yard (yes we hopped on the bandwagon too slowly) despite the fact that we do not appreciate cafe's food. We have never gone cafe hopping, I think my close friends know that the only cafe I ever go to is McCafe. Decided to go anyway since it is soooooo highly-raved. IMG_1750 IMG_1752 IMG_1754 IMG_1755 I kinda dig the whole bicycle thing going on. It was spacious and every corner seems to be a potential OOTD spot; I like. VERY unfortunately I did not take any proper pictures of the food, we consumed them almost immediately. IMG_1756 Honwee smelling our truffle fries. We concluded that Truffles Fries are not our thing. It smells a lot like "fries soaked in petroleum". Honwee's sister said that! I prefer the simplicity of golden fries with a sprinkle of chilli powder. IMG_1765 Photo Mar 22, 3 22 22 PM I had pan-seared salmon, AND I CROSS MY HEART THIS PICTURE DOES NOT DO IT ANY JUSTICE. This meal has enslaved the loyalty in me for Wheeler's Yard. There was no word for it, I immediately shove a forkful of it into H's mouth and his face lighted up. IMG_1768 Honwee and his steak diane which he kept feeding me because it taste equally amazing. Their food has officially bought our hearts. And instead of giving you a crap shit 'review' (ok... i am not really doing a review), I'll simply tell you this... we will come back again for their food.  I can write a kickass 'review' and not be back again that is why sometimes reviews are a tad bit incomplete. It is only good when you are willing to patronise the place again. IMG_1770 IMG_1773 We attempted to leave the place after lunch, but it poured! What a pity because I was trying to catch the sun. Sun = good lighting = good pictures what, right? So.. it poured and we had to seek shelter in Wheeler's Yard. We hung out for a long time at Wheeler's Yard and we almost fell asleep because the ambience was soooooo right in the feels + the rain..... Zzz. IMG_1786 IMG_1804 IMG_1810 IMG_1823 IMG_1826 IMG_1837 Honwee's shoes are so pretty, I wish I had Sperry as well!! After the rain simmer down, we left for Milk Cow to try their ice-cream. And since it is Honwee's birthday we get to eat for free. Photo Mar 22, 7 09 54 PM Our half-eaten soft serve featuring my half-painted nails. It taste really milky, like literal m i l k. I might go back another day to try it, maybe this time I'll go for something less simple. It was a good day, and I do not know why but I feel that I am way happier than Honwee is. It is the third time I am celebrating H's birthday with him, and I am just highly honoured that H chose to spend his birthday with me every year. Photo Mar 22, 4 14 06 PM Feels a lot like my birthday instead and my present is his presence. There is no greater gift than being able to spend time with Honwee. Thank you, I love you so march. (Inside joke!)