Top Social

FUNDAY!!

Sunday, January 31, 2016


Bed face wants to say "HI!" 

It's the mid semesters, I am not sure why, but everybody seems to be so distracted. Last month of being a student, I am going to embrace this feeling before everybody flood me with the "so are you going to university?" IM NOT IM NOT IM NOT. OKBYE *RAGE QUIT*


Kidding. I am not going... yet. I believe there is a time and place for everything. University is a rite of passage for a lot people, but its not for me as of right now. 1) I honestly still don't really know what I want to do? I don't want to go for something just to get into something. I don't want to waste my parents' money like that. 2) My gpa is too low to go anywhere anyway. Probably just going to suck it up when I see all my friends post orientation pictures etc I might cry like how I did when everybody went to JC and had so much fun and TP biz orientation was just.. shitty. 3) due to very obvious reasons my dad don't have to capability to fund his 大女儿 (eldest daughter) anymore. Ashley is growing up really fast and we need to allocate resources wisely. Of course I will further my studies when I am clear of what I want to do in life and when I have the funds to! No worries, if all else fails I will force Honwee to marry me *grin* 


This is an interesting week despite being jam-packed from Monday to Friday and I am so excited to share what happened!! 



1. I passed my driving test 


AHHHHHH, I JUST WANT TO SCREAM. Driving lessons are painfully frustrating!!!!!!!! I failed my first test because I was so overwhelmed by nerves, I was very clouded and made a lot of mistakes on the way. I hit the curb TWICE, after which my heart gave up and I calmed down. It was very much evident when the tester asked "Oh you seem ok now", I laughed and replied "fail alr ma" and he politely laugh it off. 

I think driving is a very humbling experience for me because I learnt to really just shut and not react whenever. I only wanted to pass and I didn't care what they thought of me. My instructor scold me a lot and he is very insistent on certain things that makes me uncomfortable (e.g. offering to help me rub my bruises, massages...) I really learnt to suck it up, go home and rant at Honwee. 

Passing the test actually feels so unreal. 

You mean I can REALLY drive on the road now?!?!?!?!!?!? Are you sure there isn't another test I need to take before my license? I am not ready for the road. Honwee says it's why we still have the 'parent test' to pass. If you haven't passed your driving test, or don't have friends who passed their driving test. The Parent's test usually meant that your mum/dad would tag along during the initial driving phase. They will give you more useful tips and help you gain confidence on the road. I've heard papa Koh guide Honwee many times and now Honwee is actually a pretty steady driver. Too bad my mum don't have a car and my father cannot let me try it out on his taxi (I don't want him to risk the rice bowl like that).  



2. Creating my very own nook! 

Before: this is how it looks like before the rearrangement. For those who don't know I don't actually have my own room because my poor mother have a tight budget and could only afford a 2 room flat! However she so kindly clear out a lovely corner for me to dwell in. 

P/s: sorry it's a little messy because I have my mid-semesters and everything is everywhere. I cleaned it up already, don't worry. 


After: I am not sure if you can tell the difference but I actually moved my clothes rack out and my study table (which not captured in either picture bc im sitting right infront/beside it) in. Since the rack is movable, I can create this little divider from the main living room bc you know.. my mum's bf usually come over to fetch her to work and it's very weird when I'm still in slumber (imagine drooling with messy bed hair...) 


 I also tried to rearrange the clothes in gradient to their colours! Since I am not a perfectionist I ended up lumping all the similar colours together, forgetting entirely about the gradient effect that I wanted to achieve. Aiya, we give some and take some.


Maybe I'll update about how my little nook is coming along and this time probably get a better picture on that! 



3. Discovering the magic of wide lens 



I am so angry that I didn't discover this earlier, I was looking at Wengie's YT channel and came across to one of the videos where she found out that wide lens actually make her face look slimmer (slimmer = better!!!!) I tried it out instantly because I remember I have a wide lens for mobile phones that mama and papa Koh got for me when they went overseas. 

And YESS, SLIMMER FACE YAY! 

I don't want to experiment it with my face bc I hadn't wash up at that moment so I used my plushie to show you. 

Without lens: 
I must say, i6s camera quality is insane. I love how the details come in so sharp, 


With lens: 
Same angle, but so so much smaller. I am amazed. However like Shan mentioned in our private convo, the lens actually blur out the quality so much *infinite pout*. Fortunately I am not too much of a quality picture, best it blurs out my flaws *smirk. 




4. I love Bakkwa 


I think everybody knows this? 
Oh, you all better know this its a well-known fact! 

I love this so much, its the only reason why I look forward to CNYs!!!!!!!! My father used to sneakily let me eat them for breakfast, and it was one of my fondest memories with my dad. I guess that's why I love it sooooo much. So can you imagine what happened when Honwee surprised me with a small box of them? 

I was so touched, I cried. 

Have you watched videos of people receiving puppies as present? Yeah, dats me. I didn't know why either, I was just very overwhelmed by gratitude and love THAT I CRY. Even I am shocked, let alone Honwee. It's a funny memory, that I want to keep it with me forever, that's why I am sharing it here. Please. Don't. Judge. Me. I. Am. Still. Quite. Cool. A. Person. If. You. Know. Me....... actually no, please don't get to know me, it's going to be a lot worst. 

That's all for the week, I really enjoyed writing thissssss makes me happy. See you next weeek, or somewhere inbetween the week if I have any interesting things to share.