Top Social

V'day Brunch Challenge + KK's Birthday

Wednesday, February 17, 2016
V'day Brunch Challenge 


HELLO, Valentine's Day was last Sunday and being the very unromantic couple that we are, we didn't celebrate it. (-_________-) BUT we challenged each other to a Valentine's Day brunch. The trick is we have to make it on our own!!! It's insane because we both don't know how to cook, his sister would know. 

We looked for recipe the entire morning.... and I settled for Bacon/egg muffin! Initially I didn't even consider because I don't have an oven. UNTILLLLL I saw that SOMEBODY HAS THE RECIPE FOR THE AIRFRYER? Whoop, so exciting because it looks really difficult to do, but in actuality, ITS SUPER EASY. 


First step: Set in your bread base. I flatten my bread and cut out a circle using my cups! 


Second Step: Add in your ingredients! I didn't follow the recipe at this point because there were some greens that Hw dislike having. I also happen to have some bakkwa at home so I added them in.  


Third step: Pop the egg in and its ready to go into the oven/airfryer! 


THIS IS TOO EASY. Honwee was still busy preparing his bfast, so with much arrogance and pride I went on to use my phone and mock Honwee for his (lack off) speed and... 


It was slightly burnt. *insert infinite sad faces* Honwee was being a darling and told me it was 'cafe standard' even with the burnt. 


A VIEW THAT I CAN STARE AT FOREVER, ITS OK GIRLS IF U WNA SAVE THIS AND PUT IT ON YOUR LOCK SCREEN CUZ I WOULD DO TOO IF I WERE YOU, BUT DAMN HONWEE IS SHY. He went to put on his shirt when he realized that I was taking pictures :( 


This is pup looking at Honwee waiting for him to accidentally drop something. Pure genius. 


So you know that I made Bacon Egg muffin, how about Honwee? 
CAN YOU GUESS? 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
FRITTATA (without all the vegetables)



He even made a ham shaped of a heart at the bottom of the Frittata. It's so adorable!! And the funniest part is when I put this up on Insta, my father commented saying "it's the thought that counts". Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha did he just lowkey tell Honwee that it's not aesthetically appealing? Maybe it was how I captioned it, but I am too amused to care. 


Inside of my love-frittata! 

Before we could actually dine in each other's love creation, I wanted to take a flat lay. Not only did my date not complain, he helped out (take notes, boys) 


Adorable. 


Um.. not very good with flatlays haha.. oh yes! Honwee made french toast too, he knows I love them and wanted to make them for me but the bread kept sticking to the aluminium so we gave up. 


That was that. I went straight back into my project right after b'fast while Honwee clean up (yes boys take note again!) 


Kelvin's birthday treat @ Nassim Hill Bakery 



Yay for rich friends!!!!!!!! Kelvin actually treat all his cliques for dinner INCLUDING SHANNON AND I???????????????? WE ARE MERELY THE PLUS ONES OF GEORGE AND HONWEE. Really sweet gesture, it's worth it to limp over orchard road to find the perfect gift for Kelvin. Great night as usual, can't wait for the overseas trip at the end of May. 

And yay shanzeebo you're back (and so annoyingly sweet with George)!! This is our year, as the boys are all going uni, we may have newcomers, we need to train our new sorority sisters. 




Although there are nine of us. It felt like a quiet and homey dinner with everybody. I was never so accepted by my ex's friends so I am extremely grateful for the bond I share with each and everybody. Those times when you guys tolerated me when I tag along 24/7, when you all ask me to join, help me get food, make me comfortable, tell me to remove my make-up, tell me I still look good without my make-up and for making our yearly tradition so enjoyable. 

There is no other group like his Cat High clique. 

I hope rest of you reading this beyond the screens of your computer/phones had a great time too. Till we seeeee again. Love, c.t.