Top Social

Honwee's 21st!

Monday, March 28, 2016
My blog is becoming a nest for the 21st celebrations. This, however, is the most important of celebrations because it's Honwee's! He doesn't really give a rat ass about his 21st, so his parents planned a little something for him. So here is Honwee entering adulthood...


in the most childish way possible. 


Yes. He climbed the stairs from the back. and I quote "I've always wanted to do this since the day we board the ship". Now, I know I am stalked to death by the new recruits not because 'Instructor's girlfriend chio af', but because they want to peer into my social media to catch a glimpse of what their sarcastic instructor is like outside NDU, outside his instructor's role. SO.... I shall not attempt to embarrass Honwee any further. If not he is going to complain to me about how his unglam pictures are the recruit's whatsapp group photo. 


Needless to say, the Kohs and I were on a cruise holiday!!! I am not necessarily fond to the idea of being contained on a ship without wi-fi (sigh no.2) and on the sea. The sea has always been this hauntingly beautiful figure that I would prefer enjoying from afar. I mean, haven't you watched Titanic? I am aware that I am being silly, so I plucked whatever little courage I have and board the hugeass ship as open-minded as possible. 


Here is one, whom is said to be a carbon copy of Honwee. 


and the love-givers of my favourite siblings at Cenang Beach (one of the stops at Langkawi)! 


and here I am. With the groggiest of mind from bump-in week and GEM performances which ended a day before our cruise trip. Hence I was sleep+energy deprived most of the time. I just wanted to rest as much as possible which made things really difficult on the ship because well, you are on a ship... go explore!!! It's not everyday you get to board a marvellous fleet with swimming pools, restaurants, KTV lounge etc. 

DAY1: Food.. all the way. 






Chinese cuisine buffet for lunch! There were so much to eat that I lost all interest in food photography by dinner. It never ends. At this point, we were still very much at dock. And then.. it moved. 

The night on the ship was even more magical than we thought. It was one of the quieter moments where we walked around the top deck marvelling at the lights, sea breeze and harmonious chuckles... this is a lot like Titanic to me, but I am trying to not be a psychotic b*tch.  


Day 2: Ship exploration + Penang 

Since the entire ship was air conditioned, it really got to us like... Zzz. Actually only the weaker of five of us (aka mh+me) were struggling to get up for b'fast. After much coaxing and threatening, we left our cabin. And the Z-monster continues it relentless attack. 



 Very evidently... 


When I successfully defeated z-monster and obliged to follow loverboy to explore the ship... I almost got beaten by the sea breeze. It was so strong!! Here are a few exaggerated evidences: 



UM... haha, okay here is a more accurate depiction. 


The wind gave Honwee a new hairstyle. 

We managed to find a spot just outside our cabin to take nice pictures, it was such an amazing view we couldn't resist spamming the camera. 


"Must do the looking-afar pose!!" *proceeds to point into the sea of... nothing*.  AND WHY THE HELL IS HE SO RIDICULOUSLY PHOTOGENIC, HE DON'T EVEN ASPIRE TO BE A MODEL?!!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!?


AND HERE I AM.... WITH ALL MY SELF-ESTEEM ISSUES BECAUSE MY BF IS RIDICULOUSLY PHOTOGENIC. God, this is unfair. 


In this picture you can see that I am trying to get a shot with the beautiful sea and behind, that sneaky monkey is already up to his new dangerous stunt.  


I was prepared to scream "man overboard!!!".


and then bribing me to not tell his mum. 

@ Penang


I was all too eager to get off the ship by noon because I wanted practice my photography skills at of old buildings and whatever Penang has to offer. We were so enthusiastically ready, we had EVERYTHING. Wide-lens, selfie-stick and a DSLR camera. Talk about fully-geared. 


Turns out that our tour package didn't offer much but a ride along the spectacular and famous Penang 2nd bridge, Queenbay shopping mall, chocolate museum (which technically is just a shop that sells chocolate) and Penang char kway tiao. 


It wasn't much, and we k.o. immediately when on board because our Langkawi trip requires us to assemble at the lounge at 8am. 

Day 3: Langkawi + Gala Night

Trip-wise Langkawi was equally disappointing. Half-day tour really doesn't do Langkawi any justice. We were given only an hour to venture Cenang beach, underwater world AND duty-free shops. What can 60 minutes give you? We forgo underwater world entirely and went with Cenang Beach and lunch at McDonald's. We managed to take comparatively more photos than we did at Penang, so I was less whiny. 







Clearly asians. 


Moving on, we have our gala night. Basically we get to have better food (STEAK WOO) and performance to conclude our last night on the ship. I was so wrecked tired, but the show and food made up for the night. Didn't take any pictures because by nightfall, we were all zonked out.

This is the exact day Honwee turned 21! So we had complimentary cake, and a surprise from the crew. It was awesome. Happy birthday, loverboy! 

Day 4: Singaaaaporeeeee

No sight was more exciting than our very own metropolis, especially considering how dog-tired I am. We roamed around the cruise for a few more hours before bidding it goodbye when dusk breaks for the evening.

The chronicles of bad hair ensues. 




For further artsy fartsy shots please contact @khwkhw. 




  
Wham. 


That concludes our cruise trip!!! 


I have no idea I will take this long to write this entry. I for one will definitely not look down on travelogs, for all that trouble to lug a heavya*s camera whenever, fearing 24/7 that somebody might rob you, your expensive equipment and your memories. And then finding the best possible lighting, editing, content creation yada, yada. That's a lot of work!! I was here from 11-3+pm to finish this entry whilst editing the pictures. Nevertheless, it was a great trip with the Kohs and I thank Koh papa and koh mama for bringing and taking care of me whilst I be my pampered, whiny little diva. 


Loveeeee, 
Crystal